Pack Mules must be reserved online BEFORE your visit! ALL Pack Mules must be reserved in advance of your visit at HavasupaiReservations.com for campground reservations and HavasupaiLodge.com for lodge reservations. See your email confirmation for instructions on how to properly label your bags.
Note that a pack mule reservation cannot be split across different days. Reservations are only valid for dates in and out booked. Mule reservations are booked for one mule for a specific day. If part of your group leaves early, then they have to pay for another pack mule reservation for a new day.Confirmed Pack Mule Reservations are non-refundable, non-transferable, and non-changeable. Reselling of reservations (in whole or in part) is strictly prohibited.
2024 Pack Mule Fees (per Pack Mule)
Between Hilltop Trailhead and Campground Entrance and Back: $400 round-trip.
- One Pack Mule can carry up to 4 bags.
- Maximum weight: 32 pounds per bag.
- Maximum baggage size: 36 inches long, 19 inches wide, 19 inches tall.
- Maximum size and weight limits are strictly enforced.
- All baggage must be soft-sided with nothing hanging off the outside. Many people put their backpacks into a duffel bag for extra protection. Ice chests / coolers are NOT permitted.
- Visitors must obtain their pack mule tags no later than 9am on the morning of your reservation arrival date in order for your reservation to be honored.
- For Packs from Hilltop to Campground: Visitors must drop bags off no later than 10am at Trailhead. Bags can be dropped off as early as 4am at Trailhead on the morning of your reservation arrival date. Packs typically arrive down below around 5pm.
- For Packs from Campground to Hilltop: Bags ready for transport must be dropped off no later than 7am at Campground. Packs typically arrive up top around noon.
- $300 extra for a late run (if you miss the 7am campsite drop off).
- Emergency Pack Mules (if available): $400 one-way.
- All fees are subject to change without prior notice.